Hi there, your resident baking bear is back. hope you enjoyed the Victoria Sandwich recipe and it would be nice to know if anyone made it. You can leave comments below.
Now the the weather’s on a turn for the better – well, some days it is – and with this in mind I thought I’d share a recipe for Chocolate and Banana Scones. Sit outside on the patio, when the weather’s right, a cup of tea (Yorkshire of course) and a scone. I hope some of your try making these and maybe you could let me know when you have!
200g Self Raising Flour; 50g Magarine (I prefer to use butter); 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt; 50g Caster Sugar; 1 Large Banana; 75g Chocolate Chips (found in the baking section of any Supermarket); 3 Tablespoons of Milk.
Pre-heat the oven to 210c/Gas Mark 7
1. Rub the flour and margarine/butter together so it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Stir in the salt, sugar and chocolate chips.
3. Mash the banana using a fork then stir that into your mix.
4. Next add the milk a little at a time until it forms a dough. You can use a little more milk if needed.
5. Tip out onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead.
6. Roll the dough out to about 1″ thick and cut out using a round cutter. You can make scones any size you want to.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the top part of the oven for 10-15 mins.
9 When cooked leave to cool. I find these scones are better completely cool.
When the scones have cooled, cut in half, put plenty of butter on, pour yourself a cup of tea, feet up and enjoy.